Translate

Friday, July 5, 2013

Nickolai Lamm New Version of Barbie has Too Much Junk in the Trunk

By Nickolai Lamm
By Nickolai Lamm

I remember being 18 years old and weighing 170 pounds.  That was way to much weight in those days and I was 5' 91/2" -  I knew I had to lose at least 20 pounds to feel good about myself. In Nickolai Lamm's new version of Barbie, he took the measurements of a 19-year old who is 5'4" and weighs 166 pounds and has a 37.5 inch waistline.  Mattel's Barbie measurements and figure may not be realistic, but I know that it is hard for most girls who are considered on the "curvy side" to have a 37.5 inch waist.  Also, if every girl were to model herself after this new version of Barbie, the new prototype has way too much junk in the trunk.  Just like the current version of Barbie, the average girl would likely develop a complex trying to identify with it.  Nice try though.  Barbie does need  some re-thinking.